NEWS & EVENTS > TWO CELLOS SING OPERA
Two cellos sing opera
Milan, February 18, 2016 EVENT
As part of a program of events combining music and culture, on the 18 February the concert Two cellos sing opera was held in the evocative location of the Velasca Tower.
At the Space Museum in Piazza Velasca, Alfredo Persichilli and Martina Lopez, musicians from the Theater Orchestra of the Scala in Milan, performed some duets, variations and fantasies from the best loved arias of Italian opera.
The two cellists presented a captivating and prestigious program with excerpts from the repertoires of great composers like Rossini, Donizetti, Pergolesi and Verdi
- Georg Friedrich Händel (1685-1759) – Sarabande in D minor
- Gioacchino Rossini (1792-1868) from the Barber of Seville – Figaro’s Cavatina – Rosina’s Cavatina – Finale “Di sì felice innesto”
- Gaetano Donizetti (1797-1848) from ‘The Elixir of Love – Una furtiva lagrima (A furtive tear) – Duet on “Lucia di Lammermoor”
- Giovanni Ba_ ista Pergolesi (1710-1736) from the Stabat Mater – Eia mater fons amoris – Fac ut ardeat cor meum
- Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901) Three fantasies on “Macbeth”, “Rigoletto”, “Trovatore”
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) from the Orchestral Suite no. 3 “Air on the G string”
- Niccolò Paganini (1782-1840) Variations on the theme “From your starry throne” from the opera “Mosè” by G. Rossini
February 18, 2016